Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It has begun...

Last night was the first day of our running program. It felt good to be running again after a year, but I'll be honest, by the end of the program I was happy to be done. Having a C25K Podcast was big help. Robert Ullery did a really good job with them. I did miss the second interval so I am looking forward to my next session tomorrow to see what I can really do. If you do use a podcast I highly recommend that you listen to it/them first so that you will recognize all the audio queues. I know that I will be doing that for the Week 2 - 9 podcasts so that I don't miss another one.

So how did we do? You tell me.

Vryce - Day 1 Wk 1
Distance - 3.59 Km Time - 28:06 Avg. Pace - 7:50 min/Km
Avg. Speed 7.66 Km/h Climb 9m

KAVIK - Day 1 Wk 1
Distance - 2.81 Km Time - 28:56 Avg. Pace - 10:17 min/Km
Avg. Speed 5.83 Km/h Climb 44m

I'm almost a foot taller and fair bit lighter, add that to the difference in elevation changes and that is why I'm faster. Honestly I would have been embarrassed if I wasn't faster. That being said, I'm very proud of the numbers my friend posted. This tells me that he is taking this very seriously. I hope that seriousness continues in the weeks to come and the months to follow. They a journey begins with a single step. Well this is one journey I'm happy to be sharing with my friend, even if we are sharing it virtually.

No comments:

Post a Comment