Thursday, May 26, 2011

Resurrection and a plan...

A couple of weeks ago a good friend of mine, KAVIK, got a wakeup call from his heart. It wasn’t as serious as it could have been, but it was serious enough. KAVIK and I have known each other for about 20 years now, I’ve known his wife a little longer. I’m 36 years old and about 180lbs. KAVIK is a few years older and let’s just say, more than a few pounds heavier.

So what does this mean to you. Well nothing really but I’m writing this as more from a motivational point of view. You see KAVIK and I live about 2 hours from each other but we have agree to start a running program called Couch-2-5k together. We both have an application for out iPhones call RunKeeper. This will allow us to track our progress and share it with each other. This way we can help each other along the way. I started to do something like this last year, but I couldn’t stay motivated about it. I figure that if I have someone to compare my results with, it will give me that little extra bit of motivation. Besides, I don’t want that lazy bastard beating me. For KAVIK, his motivation I believe would be his loving wife and two kids.

I'm hoping to see my friend this weekend so I can get him setup with Runkeeper properly and hook him up with a C-2-5K podcast I found. I'm hoping that this will be the motivation that I need to continue running like I planned to last year. Watch this space as we're planning on start our running after the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment