Monday, March 22, 2010

One more run before the freezing rain comes...

Last week we hit 19c for a high. For March that's pretty good and it was enough to get my butt out of this computer chair and out running. This week is much colder. That being said, I'm trying to make serious effort to be more active. So I ran my usual 1.3km tonight in 7 minutes flat. My calves are still a little sore, so I tried out some Tiger Balm ultra strength. WOW does this stuff have a strong smell. It's not a bad smell, just very strong. It's been about 3 hours since my run and I can feel it on my legs, kind of a tingling sensation. Again, not unpleasant, but just there. It's really helped the soreness in my legs. I'll know tomorrow if my legs don't hurt at all, then I'm sold on the stuff.

Hopefully I can get another run or two in this week without it being too cold. For reference it was 7c when I went out tonight. VFF KSO, Shorts and Long Shirt and my legs weren't cold. My hands did get a little cold, so if it's colder out next time, I'm going to need gloves. Sad thing is I used to laugh at those people that would be out in a jacket, gloves, hat and shorts running in the cold.

Vryce

No comments:

Post a Comment