Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 2 begins and a new runner takes the field

So I completed my first of week 2 last night and I feel pretty good. I missed my goal by about 7m or so. Now knowing that the iPhone isn't the most accurate GPS device in the worked I could very well have hit my goal and not known it. Either way I'm still happy with my performance. I purchased, or thought I purchased 2 Compression Calf Sleeves from Zensah. Some how I only purchased 1. I have a second one coming now that I realized my mistake. I used the one after my run last night as I didn't want look like an idiot running with just one. Let me tell you, they make a big difference in recovery. My calves didn't hurt near as much today as they have in the past week. Now some of that could just be in my head but even if it is in my head, I'll take it. My wife decided tonight that she wanted to get in on it as well. She did pretty good and I'm proud of her. I think that it will be good for both of us in the long run. I hope that she can stick with it. Not to mention that I hope that I can stay faster than her. ;)

All that being said here are the results from last night's runs.

Vryce Day 1 Week 2
Distance 3.93km Time 29:47 min Avg. Pace 7:34 min/km
Avg. Speed 7.92 km/h Climb 10m

KAVIK Day 1
Distance 2.85km Time 29:24 min Avg. Pace 10:19 min/km
Avg. Speed 5:81 km/h Climb 43m

No comments:

Post a Comment