Wednesday, March 17, 2010

First offical post.

First off, thank you for visiting me here. I hope that you decide to visit regularly. I'm not active enough. That's not to say I'm over weight or anything, it's just that I don't have the motivation to pick my butt up out of my computer chair and get out and do something. To that end I've decided start a blog and hope that gives me the incentive to get out and run.

It's been about 20 years since I have done any serious running. So what got me started on this quest? Well last year I was in my local Mountain Equipment Co-op and saw a pair of interesting shoes. I did a little research on them and eventually bought a pair. The are Vibram's Five Finger KSO. During that research I found a website called Birthdayshoes, run by a man named Justin. It was from that site I learned about Chris McDougall's book, "Born to Run". I hope he doesn't mind if I borrowed his title. It was that book that has inspired me to even attempt to run.

Now that the weather has warmed up. I'm hoping to get a short and easy run in, sometime in the next couple of days. I'll post again once that's done. Thanks again for visiting.

Vryce

No comments:

Post a Comment